Skye

Skye
PitaPata Dog tickers

Friday 3 August 2012

Today the weather here was really bad but I still managed to get outside to do some more training with Skye. The big thing with her at the moment is getting her used to her Halti. She is still wearing it at every meal, and several times a day I put the Halti on, reward her with some treats, then take her Halti off again. I am slowly beginning to walk her with the Halti on (but no lead attached) - what I do is walk her around (with the jacket on) doing some training, then I put her Halti on, instantly give her treats and encourage her to continue walking then removed the Halti, but still continuing our training session. Slowly but surely I feel Skye is getting used to the Halti - she doesn't love it but she's doing well!

Skye did very well ignoring the distractions of my brothers and sisters running, playing, being noisy and excited. She calmly went  to greet the cows, and was perfect with the chickens. Hopefully Skye will continue to become more confident when wearing the Halti!

No comments: